After-abortion Support and Healing
Do you wonder why you might have chosen to have an abortion? Do you think that you, or someone you know, might be suffering from post-traumatic stress related to that decision? While society tells us that abortion is not a big deal, those of us who have experienced abortions know differently. At Life Choices we know abortion is a life changing experience.
Post-traumatic abortion stress can manifest itself in many ways. Often people do not realize that the stress and emotions they are dealing with are related to their abortion experience. Below is a list of common side effects for people who have experienced an abortion.
- I feel guilty and ashamed about my choice. (Guilt or Regret)
- I am afraid people might judge me if they know I had an abortion. (Trouble making friends or sustaining relationships)
- I keep making the same mistakes. I feel stuck in my life. (Feeling Inferior)
- I do not have any dreams or goals; I just seem to be existing. (Hopelessness)
- I have trouble making decisions. I often feel nervous. (Anxiety)
- I am depressed. (Depression, Crying Spells, Sadness)
- I get sick a lot and have reliability issues. (Helplessness)
- I cannot forgive myself and/or I do not think God will forgive me for what I have done. (Self-Punishment)
- I am afraid that if I get too close to people they will guess that I had an abortion. (Shame)
If you, or someone you know are struggling with any of these symptoms please realize you are not alone! There is hope for healing.
Life Choices wants to give you help and confidential, non-judgmental support.
We offer a comprehensive study for post-abortive women, teens and men who are experiencing anger, guilt, shame, depression and other issues associated with the abortion decision. It is the desire of Life Choices to see a deep and abiding healing for all participants. You don’t have to feel guilty forever, instead you can let go of the guilt and shame and feel forgiven and set free.
If you live outside of Northern Colorado, contact Option Lineto find an after-abortion support and healing program in your area.